Both the Michigan Army and Air National Guard have current military records of their members on file at State Headquarters. Current members should request their records through their unit or command.

Retired Army National Guard members can request their records by filling out a Michigan Records Request Blank“> and faxing it to 517-481-8363 or emailing it to If you have questions about requesting records, you can contact the Army National Guard at 517-481-8331.

Retired Air National Guard members can request their records by calling 517-481-8277.

The Active Air National Guard procedure is the member routes the Form 336 to his/her supervisor and then on to an approving official, typically a designated individual at the squadron level. The form, signed by both supervisor and approving official, is then forwarded to the unit AROWS specialist, who inputs the order. The process is then tracked in the AROWS system, which the member has access to.

Personnel Records from Other Services

Military veterans and the next of kin of deceased former military members may now use a new online military personnel records system to request documents. This may be particularly helpful when a veteran needs a copy of their DD-214 for employment purposes. Veterans Records online are found at

Military Awards and Decorations

About the Author