Retirement Services - Army


Ready to apply for your retirement? The following items MUST be included in a Retired Pay Application:
(Please note: This is only applicable to Michigan Army National Guard retirees! If you served elsewhere, please contact 1-800-MICH-VET)

1. Retired Pay Application – DD Form 2656 and DD Form 108 – Must use current form or it will be rejected by HRC & DFAS.
2. Separation Orders transferring service member to the Retired Reserve.
3. Notice of Eligibility (NOE) – 20-year letter or 15-year letter if issued.
4. Retirement Point Statement – NGB Form 23B.
5. Reserve Component Survivor Benefit Plan election – DD Form 1883, 2656-5, or 2656-6. This must be submitted within 90 days of receipt of NOE. If not, a default election will be made for you based on dependent information on record at the time.
6. Banking information for Direct Deposit – you will need the name of the institution, their mailing address, routing number and account number.
7. Beneficiary information – you will need to provide name, address, and date of birth for anyone you wish to include as a beneficiary for Final Pay or as part of a Survivor Benefit Plan.

The Michigan National Guard Retirement Services Office can assist currently serving members as well as our retirees! Contact us for any of your Retirement Needs! 

Retirement Services Officer: 517-481-8303

Best method: or

We can also help with obtaining personnel service records.

Retired Army National Guard members can request their records by filling out a Michigan Records Request and faxing it to 517-481-7361 You can also send the records request to the address below. If you have any questions about requesting records, you can contact the Army National Guard at 517-481-8331.

ATTN: Archive Records
3411 N. Martin Luther King Blvd.
Lansing, MI 48906

Retired Air National Guard members can request their records by calling 517-481-8276 or email:

Medical Records:
If you are requesting Medical Records from your Michigan Army National Guard time,
please fill out a DD 2870 and send in with a photo copy of your valid ID to SFC Herman,
Chelsea at or mail to:

Michigan Medical Detachment
ATTN: Medical Records Request
4400 E. 8 Mile Rd.
Detroit, MI 48234

Other Resources:

Military Awards & Decorations Request

Federal Benefits